|So what's so bad about pornography?
So what's so bad about pornography?
The author of this article is unknown to us. It was found on the Porn-Free Website . THE BIBLE SAYS is not affiliated with them in any way, nor necessarily condone everything on their site. However, there is much good information on the subject of pornography on the site. Feel free to contact us at THE BIBLE SAYS if we can help you with your struggles with pornography or sexual addictions, or we will help you find help elsewhere.
Porn affects every viewer negatively, regardless of religious belief, creed, gender or age. Here are some reasons we have collected to support our claim:
1) Pornography caters to the areas of elemental lust in a person: lust of the eyes and lust of the flesh (1 John 2:15-17). Lust spreads like a fire and is never satisfied. Pornography baits you with the visual lust and hooks you in with the bodily enjoyment (lust of the flesh). Lust has a nasty tendency of spilling over into over forms of evil, like anger, envy, covetousness, depression, compulsiveness, selfishness, idolatry and perversions. As you see the negative effects of the lust, you will want to be free from it, but may find yourself powerless to get free. Lust grows bondage in your life to things that are sweet on the outside, but bitter to the core on the inside.
2) Your thoughts toward other people are increasingly sexual in nature above all other thoughts - you have a warped or perverted perspective that will never be satisfied as long as you feed it. You'll find yourself repeatedly returning to porn.
3) Your thought life is inseparably permeated with the images you view - they are stamped into your brain with the aid of hormones released during sexual arousal. Even if you decide to try to stop your porn habit you will discover that your mind easily recalls the images you saw in the past for your mind to lust on today.
4) Pornography is habit forming and in many cases progressive. It can lead to more and more hard core material, including perversions of homosexuality, bestiality, necrophilia (sexual interest in corpses) and sadism (a sexual perversion in which gratification is obtained by the infliction of physical or mental pain on others).
5) Pornography intensifies an individual's drive to serve oneself, rather than serve others.
6) The financial impact of a pornographic addiction can be very large (see Proverbs 21:17). The convenience of credit card transactions on the internet encourages spending without limit.
7) By viewing and purchasing porn, you are supporting the porn industry and facilitating its growth.
8) Your children could get hooked on porn if they find your material. Spiritually, you can easily pass along a generational curse to your children arising from your porn habit. They too could fall into the same bondage to porn as a result of such a curse.
9) If married, you are expending your sexual energy in area other than with your spouse - your sex life could suffer, your spouse may get unhappy, causing problems in your marriage.
10) If you get caught, you can suffer consequences professionally, socially and emotionally.
11) You are allowing your sexual appetite to feast on images of other people having sex. God intended a different plan for you.....one where you and your spouse can enjoy each other in a marriage relationship. The porn you fill your mind with now, will detract and destroy your satisfaction, intimacy and fulfillment from sex in your marriage, whether you are currently married or married in the future.
12) Porn has power over you. Do you doubt this? Just try to walk away from it and never view it again - its almost impossible! This kind of power is destructive and will attempt to dominate and ruin your life.
13) Porn will increase your chances of committing a sexual crime, including incest, rape, indecent exposure, sodomy, etc..
14) Porn will increase your propensity to lie
15) Reality and fantasy rarely match up. Sex in porn is a portrayal, purely made for the viewer's enjoyment. Sex in real life is, or should be, an expression of love between a man and a woman in a marriage relationship.
16) Porn destroys families from the inside out. It usually starts with the man, who God intended as the spiritual leader of the family. Porn will help block God's blessing and favor from a family. Once a man is hooked on porn, he will do almost anything to keep his addiction secret. Results can include, sexual dissatisfaction with his spouse, habitual lying, incest with other family members, rape, serial murder, divorce, abandonment, bankruptcy, violent behavior and a loss of rational thinking.
17) Porn can lead you into addiction to masturbation.
18) Porn opens the doorway to spiritual oppression and confusion in your life. The Bible discusses many spiritual laws which are set in motion by the things that we do and say. One law is that we will reap what we sow. Sowing porn into your eyes and heart will open a "legal right" for forces of evil to begin to operate freely in your life. Once evil has a license to oppress you, it will do so by direct attack and by appealing to your fleshly sinful nature. The forces of evil will toy you and torture you like a cat does to a mouse - read James 1:13-15. When evil has a grip on you, you'll be so confused, you won't be able to tell if its simply you that has the problem or if there is a personal evil attacking you. The answer will be both, as evil works through the flesh to bring you into bondage to sin.
19) There are serious spiritual consequences that we incur through porn habits. Those who deny the spiritual dimension of porn's effects, are greatly underestimating the power of evil. There is much more to porn than meets the eye!
20) By viewing porn, you contribute to the sexual exploitation of whoever or whatever is in the images you are viewing.
21) You start to believe the real world functions like the porn world. The porn world is built on lust and idolatry, completely lacking any form of love. The fruit of lust and idolatry is destruction in your relationship with God, your family, your friends, and your society. Examples of how porn can warp your thinking: You start to believe that...
*Sexual activity is to be enjoyed by anyone with everyone
*Perversion is more enjoyable than "normal" heterosexual sex (homosexual sex, incest, sado-masochism, etc)
*There are no consequences to sexual promiscuity
*Sexual expression is a right, not a God-given and God-defined gift
*There are no limits to sexual expression other than one's imagination
*You can live a healthy life with the porn images floating around in your mind
*Porn doesn't harm you or your family
*Sex is something to be done for adventure and entertainment purposes (devoid of love)
*Shame is just religion's attempt to control society
*The people in porn are actually happy in life
*Adults can handle porn material and not incur any lasting side effects
*What the people in the porn are doing is something that you ought to be doing
*Another person's body exists solely for your pleasure
*Porn isn't that bad after all...
CLICK HERE for communion cups